Oh look – Omicron is here.
Omicron is here and the near vertical take-off likely indicates a wild ride of speculation and intrigue in the weeks to come.
Here are the regional and state starts for the past 3 months.
Omicron is here. There are some extraordinary numbers being put up. Check out these select states/regions and their near vertical take-offs. DC, HI, MD, NJ, NY, PR
Other charts below… quick commentary:
- Nationally you can see the immediate hook upwards across the regions. It’s gonna be quite the ride.
- Region 1 – The northeast continues the one-two punch… a challenging winter surge and signs of omicron
- Region 2 – Puerto Rico is heading north but New York and New Jersey are gonna go straight up here shortly.
- Region 3 – Maryland and D.C. look like a new cryptocurrency in the first hours of trading. Straight to the moon!
- Region 4 – Coasting for a bit after their massive summer surge these states (including Florida) show Omicron is there. Hang on. The press is gonna go ballistic.
- Region 5 – Back to back surges. First a winter Delta wave and now Omicron. Illinois about to go sky-high
- Region 6 – Those gulf fish-hooks are evident and nasty looking. Thankfully, we keep our heads around here and know that 1) there’s nothing you can really do and 2) Omicron looks to be very mild
- Region 7 – Missouri, who was hit hard with a 2020 flu season, just can’t catch a break. Heading north. Hopefully, hospitalizations will wane like they have elsewhere for Omicron
- Region 8 (mountain west) – hasn’t had a lot of luck avoiding these surges but Omicron hasn’t quite taken hold there.
- Region 9 (the west) – My soon-to-be-former state of California thought it had dodged a bullet but you can see things cranking up. Hawaii through the roof!
- Region 10 – The Northwest (where this all seemingly began) thought it might skate by after a rough fall surge but Omicron looks to have found its way there. Oregon and Washington hooking upwards.
Will you consider joining up as a paid subscriber? Please help if you can today.
- For $7/month you get access to our exclusive data downloads so you can look up your own state and county details.
- As a $70/annual subscriber I answer your emails and we can engage on a host of issues for your particular needs.
- As a founding member. I’ll give you a tweet shout out and you’re welcome to call me directly!
RELATED ARTICLES on RATIONAL GROUND
Breyer, Sotomayor, & Kagan dissent from the decision to block the vax-or-test rule for workplaces...
Load more articles